The instrument Board is made of dark marble, to which are attached two inkwells in the form of stylized buildings sea mines sample 1908, legs, two fences with swivel candle holders and a stand for papers. The latter is made in the form of a composition of the attributes of the mine case: anchors, oars and boat hook. All metal parts have traces of the original Nickel plating. With the exception of the partial loss of Nickel plating, the thing is practically in perfect condition. The instrument also includes paperweight, decorated with engraved images of anchors and the owner's initials "P. B.". On some peculiarities of the performance (curve stands candlesticks, the form and nature of the connecting parts stands for the securities) the time of manufacture of the device can be attributed to the 1910's. at that time the manufacture of such a device custom made were expensive, so the circle of its owners necessary to limit the rank not below that of captain of the 2nd rank (Lieutenant Colonel). Our studies, as well as information received from the former owners of the device, allow to assert with confidence that the device belonged to Peter D. Blinov (1869 – 1938), major-General corps of engineer-mechanics of the fleet.
Peter D. Blinov was born on 15 Jan 1869 in Kronstadt, in 1886 he entered the mechanical Department of the Technical school of the Naval Department (since 1898 Marine engineering College of Emperor Nicholas I. After graduation in 1889 produced in Junior engineer-mechanics. In 1890-1899 he served mine as a mechanic, and since 1898 the ship's mechanic on the ship black sea fleet "Colchis". Assistant to the senior mechanical engineer (1895), senior mechanical engineer (1899). Since 1901 ship mechanic of the destroyer "Hardy", built in France and in 1903 joined the First Pacific squadron (Port Arthur). He took an active part in the fighting (only for the first month of the war the destroyer "Hardy" went to sea with a variety of battle missions 13 times). 26 Feb 1904 the destroyer took part in the battle of the four Russian destroyers against four Japanese ships under Latisana at Port Arthur. During the fight, "Hardy" received seven surface and one underwater hole. Japanese shell hit the engine room, both cars were damaged, the destroyer almost lost the ability to cope and lose a turn. Under the leadership Blinova mechanics in difficult conditions has eliminated damage to the machine. Pancakes with steam scalded hands, personally putting bandages on a broken pipe, after 15 minutes after a shell hit in the engine room of the ship, was able to give the course of the destroyer. In order of the Admiral S. O. Makarov from March 2, 1904, No. 18, mentioned: "Pay attention to the hard work of mechanics and engineers to remedy the damage, and "Hardy" for a while went under the car, in which it was impossible to enter, because there was the steam of the boiling point. Engineer-mechanic pancakes with burnt hands and face didn't stop until the entrance to the Harbor". July 12, 1907 P. D. Blinov "for the salvation of the destroyer "Hardy" after a night battle February 26, 1904, under Latisana with Japanese destroyers" was awarded the Order of St. George 4-th century. In 1905 he was provedin Lieutenant Colonel corps of engineer-mechanics of the fleet. In 1906-1907, served as ship's mechanic on the training ships of Practical squadron of the Baltic fleet – a mine cruiser "Lieutenant Ilyin" and the cruiser "Memory of Azov". From 1907 to 1910 senior marine mechanic cruiser "thunderbolt". In 1910 proizvodne to Colonel. In 1911 – 1912 senior marine mechanic battleship "Imperator Pavel I". In 1912, appointed the flagship mechanical engineer staff of the chief of brigade of the battleship squadron of the Baltic sea. In 1913, renamed mechanical engineer captain of the 1st rank. On April 18, 1914, mechanical engineer, major-General. In 1915 – 1918 in the office of the Commissioner for the orders of the Navy Department at the Finland factories in Helsingfors. Since 1918, for service in the red Navy. From 1920 to 1922 he worked as chief technician of the Novorossiysk naval base. Since January 15, 1922, was on indefinite leave. In the late 30-ies. worked in Leningrad as an engineer-designer of TSKB-32. March 6, 1938 he was arrested and sentenced on 5 September according to art. 58-6-8-11 criminal code of the RSFSR to a Supreme penalty. Executed in Leningrad on 28 September 1938 In the 1990s rehabilitated. In addition to the order of St. George 4-th century. awarded the order of St. Vladimir 4 th century. c the swords and bow, SV. Stanislav 2nd century with swords, St. Anne 2nd St. and SV. Vladimir 3rd St. and medals.
It seems to us that the subject refers to either the period of service in the position of the flagship mechanical engineer (1912 – 1915), or the authorized orders of the Navy Department in Helsingfors (1912 – 1915). Naval mines probably represent the first eight years of service in the Navy, when P. D. Blinov held the position of mine mechanics; it's also possible that the Finnish factories produced them on the orders of the Navy Department in 1915 – 1918 Guaranteed original in very good collectible condition. Extremely rare item from the Cabinet interior is one of quite well known figures of the Russian and Soviet navies. Beautiful decoration of the Cabinet of Amateur military and in particular naval history!
Thanks for your feedback!
Your feedback will be published after administrator check.
Be attended, we will not show the feedbacks, which:
Please note that by posting a feedback you take some responsibility to the readers.